THEME: Practical data and technology for profitable decisions
Nine of our sessions will offer CEU credits. They are noted below.
Day 1: Nov 29, 2017
9:00am Welcome and Opening Main Session Keynote – Build a Digital Strategy for Your Farm – John Fulton, Ohio State
9:50am Sponsor Briefing: Climate Corporation
10:00am Tradeshow break
10:30am Sponsor Briefing: Syngenta AgriEdge Excelsior
10:40am Main session Keynote – Practical data for profitable decisions: How many unique businesses do you have within each individual field and how can you manage them? David Muth, AgSolver/EFC Systems. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
11:20am Sponsored Speaker Session: A Look at 2018 Climate Corp Technology – John Jansen, North American Commercial Lead, The Climate Corporation
Noon Lunch & Keynote – Putting a Price on Farm Data – Joe Byrum, chief data scientist with Principal Financial Group
1:00pm Sponsor Briefing: AGCO Fuse
1:10pm Main Session Keynote: The Flaw of Averages – Tom McGraw, Founder of Midwest Independent Soil Samplers
2:00pm Main Session Keynote – Our Farm’s Journey to Make Better Decisions Using Data — Iowa farmer and data guru Scott Henry. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
2:50pm Sponsor Briefing: Netafin
3:00pm Tradeshow break – 30 min
3:30pm Sponsor Briefing: Farmers Mutual Hail
3:40pm Main Session Keynote – How Data Drives Efficient Input Use and Profits – Dan Frieberg, Corn+Soybean Digest Data Decisions columnist and founder of Premier Crop Systems. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
4:20pm Main Session Keynote – Your Most Valuable Tool May Be Your Data – Shannon Gomes, Certified Crop Adviser and Certified Professional Soil Scientist, Cedar Basin Crop Consulting
5:00pm Main Session Keynote – Inside Look at 2018 Precision Technology AND How to Add Drone Tech Value to Your Farm — Chad Colby, founder of Colby AgTech and general manager of an Illinois Case IH dealership. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
6:00pm Reception & Launch of Tech Zone: We’re doing something entirely new for 2017 – The Tech Zone. This is your chance for in-depth conversation and a hands-on look at the latest in new technology. Getting beyond data collection to ways you can improve production in-season and for the future. Collecting data is just the start in The Tech Zone you’ll find ways to put that information to work. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
8:00pm Beer & Bull Session — This popular session, where you sit with peers, beverages and speakers to discuss different topics, is enhanced this year by adding our cellphone-based Q&A/instant survey technology that will add to this fun learning environment. Get your burning questions answered by any speaker. And, it will be moderated by Max Armstrong, legendary and always entertaining farm broadcaster and co-host of the popular This Week in AgriBusiness TV show with Orion Samuelson.
DAY 2: Nov 30, 2017
7:30am Breakfast in Tech Zone/Tradeshow
8:30am 3 Breakout sessions
- Farmers Find Value in Climate Technology – A panel of farmers will give you their real-world experience with FieldView and other valuable technologies from Climate that improve their farms.
- How Enhanced Learning Blocks Nails Decision Ag – Dan Frieberg, Corn+Soybean Digest Data Decisions columnist and founder of Premier Crop Systems. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
- How to Quantify Soil Health Benefits & Economics – Agren founder Tom Buman and Iowa farmer/data consultant Mitchell Hora
9:30am 3 Breakout sessions
- Soil Health and conservation – tools to improve profitability – Agsolver’s founder, now VP of EFC Systems, Dave Muth. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
- So many software providers – how do I choose one that works for me? – Scott Henry, Longview Farms.
- Quantifying the ROI Of Water Management – Jason Gillard, VP of Operations for Ellingson Companies. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
10:30am Tech Zone/Tradeshow break
11:00am 3 Breakout sessions
- Data Sharing Efficiency: Turning Harvest Data into Fertilizer Plans – John Fulton, Precision Ag & Data specialist, Ohio State University. *CEU CREDIT AVAILABLE*
- (Repeat from 8:30 session) How Enhanced Learning Blocks Nails Decision Ag – Dan Frieberg, Corn+Soybean Digest Data Decisions columnist and founder of Premier Crop Systems
- Detailed Soil Data and Management Zones: Putting the Precision in Agriculture – Shannon Gomes and Iowa farmer Brandon Reis.
Noon Lunch & Tech Zone/Tradeshow
1:00pm Main Session Keynote – Practical Implications of Soil Health – Agren founder Tom Buman and Iowa farmer/data consultant Mitchell Hora
2:00pm Main session – Wrap up – Willie Vogt